Wish you all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year !!!!


My mother used to make this Pachadi at night times in Rice and we used to love it. But I didnt eat in many years. Last Saturday I was feeling lazy to cook so suddenly it came to my mind and I searched for the recipie in net and I found this recipie in vijaya's blog and I felt very happy.
Thanks vijaya for sharing this recipie.It came out very well. I made slight changes to the recipie .Vijaya added garlic and I didn't add garlic as my mother don't use to add garlic in pachadi.

Ingredients:

Toor daal - 1/4 cup
Dry red chillies -4 or 5
Jeera - 1 tsp
Salt - as required
Oil - 2tsp
Tamarind - little bit.
Turmeric Powder - a pinch

Method:

Take a pan and put that on the stove.
Pour toor dal(kandipappu) in that and fry that until its light red for 5 min.
Now add dry red chillies ,turmeric powder and jeera and fry for one minute.
Switch off the stove. now add salt and tamarind.
Grind all of that by adding little water.

Thats it. Its very tasty with Ghee in hot rice.

This recipie is reaching MBP : Less is more hosted by Nupur





23 Comments:

  1. Srikitchen said...
    nice entry
    surprise there for u in my blog
    Unknown said...
    nice chutney..a quickie..havent even checked out the event as yet..
    Nupur said...
    That looks like a tasty chutney, Sireesha. It uses really basic ingredients but looks delicious. Thanks for participating!
    Laavanya said...
    We call this thovaiyal... my mom makes it like this with toor dhal and my MIL with mung dhal. Absolutely great with some ghee and rice :) Looks so good Sireesha.
    spicymist said...
    i tried this one out using ur post but i added garlic too. yummy!!! thanx 4 posting this
    Trupti said...
    Nice entry Sireesha. It is very easy to make. Your daughter's videos are very nice. Congrats on all awards.
    FH said...
    Beautiful recipe, looks great!:)
    Srikitchen said...
    hi now u got a chance to select ur favourite awards and can pass it to ur friends. visit http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/awards
    Cham said...
    I love that! Great entry Sireecha
    Deepthi Shankar said...
    wow .. amazing quick chutney ...
    Sum Raj said...
    nice entry dear...its new recipe to me....have idea to try it
    Madhavi said...
    Wonderful entry, chutney looks gooooood!!!!
    Unknown said...
    YUM.Nice entry.Tagged you for a meme, come check it..
    Andhra Flavors said...
    kandi pachadi vinaanu but eppudu taste cheyaledu. e sari try chestanu. asale naaku chutneys emi cheyalo toyadu astamanu.

    adenti miru hydarabadi ayyundi haleem cheppaleka poyaaru:(
    Unknown said...
    That looks tasty chutney and quicky.....Gr8 entry
    Unknown said...
    Chutney looks good......
    Indranee Batabyal said...
    Nice recipe Sireesha!Please check my blog, I've something for you:)Enjoy!
    Unknown said...
    Easy recipie looks great.....
    Unknown said...
    Nice entry Sireesha. It is very easy to make.
    Srikitchen said...
    surprise for u in my blog siree
    Indian Khana said...
    Nice pachadi ..gud entry for the event..I'm happy that am able to give surprise to U..Hope can give many more :-)
    Unknown said...
    sireesha kandi pachadi chala rojulaki vinnanu looks very tempting amma use to add garlic and onion chopped peaces to this
    Unknown said...
    That looks tasty chutney and quicky.....Gr8 entry.....

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...