Wish you all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year !!!!


Kothimbir Vadi is a starter / snack that is extremely popular among maharashtrians. I ate this many times when I was small and its my favorite one.I make this quite often.This time I made this for potluck party and it was hit with my friends. It tastes irresistible.Even Kids will like it.
I took the idea of steaming this in Idli mould from Sowmyas blog .Thanks Sowmya for the superb idea.

How to Grow Coriander:-

Crush the whole coriander seeds and sow them around 1 cm deep covered with a thin layer of soil / Compost.


Ingredients for Kothimbir Vadi:-

1 big bunch Coriander / Kothimbir
1 cup chickpea flour / besan
1/4 cup wheat flour
2 tbsp rice flour
4-5 green chilies paste
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1 tsp Sesame seeds
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds /Khus Khus (optional)
1 tsp red chili powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/4 teaspoon asofeotida /Hing
1 teaspoon salt
2 tsp lime juice
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Oil
Water


Coriander in my Backyard



Method:-

1) Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl with water except oil to get a thick batter.
2) Ensure that lumps are not there.Pour the batter in the greased trays.
3) For Steaming I have used Idli moulds .You can also use steamer trays.
4) Steam for about 30 minutes till a skewer inserted in the middle comes clean.
5) Let it cool then unmold .If you are using steamer trays then after unmolding cut into slices.
6) Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the slices till crispy and golden.
7) Serve hot with green chutney or sauce.

1 Comment:

  1. ramya said...
    Thanks for this recipe! I love kothimbir vadi. Just made this.

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...