Wish you all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year !!!!


Rava Ladoo is a delectable Indian dessert made with semolina.Few days back my daughter came to me and said that she wanted to eat ladoos which Ammama had brought.Last time when my mother visited us she brought Rava Ladoos.Suddenly my daughter remembered of that she asked me for that.I could not say no to my liitle ones wish and I started searching for the recipe. Finally I found the recipe at Srivallis Blog same as mom used to make.Thanks Srivalli for sharing such a nice recipe.My Amma makes yummy ladoos.She is famous for her yummy Ladoos and Burfis.I have always only helped Amma in frying or making the balls. She used to ensure each ladoo has atleast some nuts in them and cashewnut above each ladoo...Finally Ladoos came well and they were tasty and first of all my daughter liked it very much and she asked me to prepare it again for her when it finishes off.


Ingredients:

Rava / Semolina - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - 25 gms
Milk - 25 ml
cardamom powder - a pinch
Cashew nuts - 10 whole nuts
Raisins - 10 nos
Grated fresh coconut - 25 gms



Makes - 10 Ladoos

Method:-

1) Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a Pan . Once its hot, sim and roast cashew nuts and raisins. Once the raisins balloon up, remove. Then roast the grated coconut. Remove once done.

2) Add the remaining ghee and roast the Rava till its well roasted and aroma starts coming out.

3) In a bowl, take all the roasted Rava, Nuts, Coconut and add the Cardamom powder. Then add the sugar. Mix well.

4) Then slowly add the warm milk into the bowl. Check if you are able to gather as balls. When you find that milk added is enough to get you ladoos, transfer it back to the pan and cook in sim for 2 mins. Mix well and then cover it and let it rest for 2 mins.

5) Make balls out of this mixture when it is still warm. Pour a little amount of milk in a bowl and dip the hand in this before making the ladoos so that the hand won’t burn.

6) Since we add milk, its best to consume within 5 days of making them. If you store them in fridge, you can have them for a week.

Tip :-Let the Ladoos cool completely before storing them in an airtight container or ziplock bags.

This recipe is reaching Sweet Series -Chikki and Laddu hosted by Mythreyee.

23 Comments:

  1. Cham said...
    Rava ladoo , we makes for diwali, good one Sireecha! Looks beautiful!
    Unknown said...
    Wow... looks yummy & delicious...

    Nice entry & Great click....
    Uma said...
    rava laddu maa intlo andariki ishtam. That's the only laddu I am good at. YOur laddus are tempting me. Nice recipe Sireesha.
    Laavanya said...
    Those look yummy.. i've not made these before and good to know that it doesn't require much ghee.
    Srikitchen said...
    wow!laddoo pics are superb! nice recipe too! i prepare it in a different way!
    notyet100 said...
    hi sireesha,..ladoos look good,..
    Nidhi said...
    My mother-in-law makes it in a very similar way.
    Your ladoos are quite a gymnast too!
    Shreya said...
    Hi Sireesha, will surely try this! I hope my daughter likes this. Do you think I could use jaggery as a subsitute to sugar? Is it ok to use jaggery in milk based sweets?
    Sum Raj said...
    rava ladoo reminds me of my aunt...she prepares the same...urladoo looks cute sitting like pyramids..hehe
    Unknown said...
    hai rava ladoos yum yum yes very easy to make just love the pic that second one is suparb
    Srivalli said...
    Glad your lil one loved it...
    Unknown said...
    nice recipe and picures...good entry!!
    Anonymous said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    lubnakarim06 said...
    Ladoo mountain looks yummy. Easy recipe defnetly gonna try this out.
    Purva Desai said...
    hey rava ladoo.....now not only ur little one, but even I am tempted.....
    The pictures are also tempting
    Unknown said...
    Rava ladoo looks superb and lovely.....
    Jaishree Iyer said...
    Rava ladoo looks yummy & delicious...
    even I am tempted.....The pictures are also tempting
    Usha said...
    Mmmmm yumm,just looking at them is tempting me to make them right now:)
    Deepthi Shankar said...
    i love rava ladoo .. looks soo nice ..
    Suganya said...
    WOW... This is my fav... Looks so good. Ladoo has turned out perfect for u... YUM!
    Vidhya said...
    Rava Ladoo looks yum yum. Sreesha have added u in my blogroll
    Cooking Station said...
    That is a nice stack of laddus Sireesha..yummo!
    ST said...
    Shreya -Rava ladoo is made using sugar only.I never tried using jaggery.

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...