Wish you all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year !!!!


I am very fond of pickles. My Mil makes this pickle every year .But I didn't tried own .This time I decided to try so I put this pickle in little quantity.. And it came out very well, it was completed within 3 days only....So I thought of sharing with you.

INGREDIENTS :

Drumsticks : 4 big
oil : 1 cup
Tamarind pulp : 50 g
chilly powder : 4 tsp
fenugreek powder : 1 tsp
salt : 4 tsp
mustard seeds powder : 2 tsp
turmeric : 1/2 tsp



Method :

1) First wash drumsticks and dry them completly, cut them into finger size pieces. see that it is fully dried otherwise pickle will get spoiled.

2) Take a big bowl and mix all the powders fenugreek Powder, Mustard seeds powder,chilli powder,salt,turmeric powder and keep it aside.

3 )Heat a non stick pan add 1 cup oil sufficient for your pickle .


4) Add chopped drumsticks and fry well. It takes nearly 15-18 mins to boil fully.



5 )When drumsticks are half boiled then add the tamarind pulp and let it boil fully.



6)Switch off the stove and after 5 mins add your mixed powders on it.

7)When it is fully cooled mix well and Put it in a dry container.


8)After 1/2 day pickle is ready to eat.

9)Mix with hot rice and enjoy the spicy,tangy pickle with Vadiyams and papad.

Sig came up with wonderful ingredient Tamarind for Jhiva of ingredient originated by Mahanadi.
My recipie is reaching this event.

31 Comments:

  1. Archy said...
    Wow, I never tried making this drumstick pickle at home !! Now i can try from ur recipe !! Looks so tangy tangy !!
    Cham said...
    Never made pickle with drumstick. Looks so delicious
    Sig said...
    I don't think I've ever had drumsticks pickle! Great entry.. thanks for participating in JFI, Sireesha!
    Sujatha said...
    Looks so spicy and yummy! I usually buy the readymade drumstick pickle from store, Glad to find the recipe for it!
    Hetal said...
    Hi dear,this pickle is so mouth watreing....
    Lore said...
    Oh my! This is all so new to me. I haven't yet come across a piclkle I wouldn't like so I'm sure I'd love drumsticks too. Looks great!
    Unknown said...
    hi dear

    Never made pickle with drumstick. Looks so delicious and yummy...spicy also...
    Srikitchen said...
    used drumsticks for pickle... new idea.. simply superb
    kamala said...
    We use drumstick in the mixed veg pickle..I love all pickles..Looking delicious Sireesha
    Unknown said...
    nice pickle...i hardly know any recipe using drumsticks..will try this one.
    Unknown said...
    Never knew they make pickle with drumsticks.Looks YUM.Would love to try this soon.
    notyet100 said...
    this is somethin,,new,..
    Jaishree Iyer said...
    Never made pickle with drumstick.This pickle is new to me to try.look so delicious..
    Deepthi Shankar said...
    had never heard of pickles made of drumstick ... looks yummy though ...
    Deepthi Shankar said...
    had never heard of pickles made of drumstick ... looks yummy though ...
    ST said...
    Thanks all for lovely coments...
    Unknown said...
    Hi,Pickle is so mouthwatering.....
    Unknown said...
    I hardly put any pickle .Will try this looks simple and spicy and tangy.
    Unknown said...
    I always buy pickles from shop .Now i can try from ur recipie.looks spicy and tangy.
    FH said...
    OH YUM! I never tasted Drumstick pickle before, looks mouthwatering. I don't think I can do this with frozen drumsticks, will be too watery!
    A_and_N said...
    I've heard drumstick pickles for the first time. This looks really nice!
    I'd love it with thayir-saadham :)
    ST said...
    Asha :- U can't use frozen one .Drumstick must be dry.
    Sailaja said...
    lovely Avakaya. My mom does this pickle .
    Andhra Flavors said...
    looks spicy and yummy. miru pickels bagaa chestaru anukunta.
    Uma said...
    yummy aavakai! so delicious recipe dear! BTW you have something in my blog. Check it out here:

    http://teluguruchi.blogspot.com/2008/06/all-in-one-prizes-awards-and-meme.html

    Hope you like it!
    Unknown said...
    WOW,Spicy,Tangy ,Yummy Drumstick pickle simply love it........
    Unknown said...
    Never made pickle with drumstick. Looks so tangy and yummy.....
    ST said...
    Thanks U all for lovely comments.....
    Amrutha Ragavan said...
    Ah! Delicious. Will surely try it soon.
    KonkaniBlogger said...
    Wow, I love pickles and this sure looks mouthwatering..Yum Yum yum..Also, loved ur daughters videos, was all smiles when I saw her reciting all those shlokas, really cute :)..
    Vani said...
    Thanks for the bear hug, Sireesha! A giant bear hug to you from me too! :) Drumstick pickle sounds lovely. Never tasted that before. Liked the color of the chana masala. I think it's the use of teabag that gave it that, right? Should try that way sometime. Hope youa re doing well, S! Take care!

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...