Wish you all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year !!!!


I love Badam Milk! I first tasted it in my uncle’s shop when I was small. I liked it very much. Whenever we go to my uncle’s shop I definitely drink Badam Milk. Really its very yummy. Delicately flavored with cardamom, the nuts in this chilled, cooling drink don't just make it tasty, but also nutritious too. This is also a good source of calcium. Cold Badam Milk is a great summer cooler but if you use warm milk to make it, it's a great winter drink too!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 cup almonds (soaked for about 6 hrs)
  • 3 cups milk
  • Sugar to taste
  • 2/3 tsp cardamom powder
  • 2 tbsps kewra essence (available at Indian groceries) - optional

PREPARATION:

Grind the almonds to a smooth paste in your food processor. Add a little milk to do this. A lot of people like to remove the skin from the almonds before grinding them. I don't do this as the skin contains many nutrients.

You can do it if you wish, by pressing the almonds between your thumb and index finger. The skin will slip off quite easily.

Mean while bring milk to a boil then add almond paste, saffron strands soaked in milk, sugar and cardamom powder, kewra essence (if using).

Simmer it down for about 5 min.

Serve chilled/ warm.

Note:- Along with almonds Pistachios can also be added.

2 Comments:

  1. Uma said...
    refreshing badam milk! Lovely presentation.
    Cham said...
    Lovely and cool drink 4 summer

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...